Throughout the 2021 NFL season, we will compile a consensus NFL Power Rankings that averages the rankings of all 32 NFL teams.
Here is where the Tennessee Titans rank in terms of average, best and worst:
- Average ranking: 10.0 (10th)
- Best ranking: 7th (USA Today)
- Worst ranking: 13th (CBS Sports)
Below you will find a Week 7 roundup for the Titans in our consensus 2021 NFL Power Rankings.
ESPN -- Rank: 10
The Titans started the season by getting punched in the face by the Cardinals. Derrick Henry finished with 58 yards on 17 carries in a 38-13 loss. Fast-forward to Week 6 and Henry has reeled off five consecutive games with 100 or more rushing yards. Henry has put the Titans on his back and carried them to a 4-2 record, including a 143-yard performance -- highlighted by three touchdowns -- against the Bills, who were allowing 75 rushing yards per game (third in NFL) entering Week 6. The Titans are now 6-0 in his career when Henry scores three or more touchdowns. Henry's 10 TDs ties him with LaDainian Tomlinson (2005) and Priest Holmes (2004) for the second most over the first six games of a season. -- Turron Davenport
NFL.com -- Rank: 10
The Titans might not be perfect, but they're battle-tested and completely unafraid of the moment. On Monday night, Mike Vrabel's team went toe-to-toe with the Bills and never blinked: Derrick Henry rushed for 143 yards and three touchdowns before the defense sent the sold-out crowd in Nashville into hysterics with a goal-line stand that will go down in franchise lore. Ryan Tannehill made his share of money throws down the stretch, but Tennessee doesn't sniff victory without another ferocious performance by The Big Dog -- who just might be the greatest running back of his generation. Said Vrabel after the win: "We feel like we can beat anybody in the league."
CBS Sports -- Rank: 13
They still have major defensive issues, but they showed in beating the Bills that they can play with anybody when the offense is clicking. Just give it to Derrick Henry.
USA Today -- Rank: 7
The latest bullet point for RB Derrick Henry's MVP résumé? He personally hung 18 points Monday night on a Buffalo defense that entered the game allowing a league-low 12.8 per game and hadn't let a back into the end zone.
The Athletic -- Rank: 10
Rookie Heat Check: Brutal news for the Titans and first-round cornerback Caleb Farley: A source confirmed to The Athletic the team believes Farley suffered a torn ACL on Monday night. The injury would end Farley's season and likely sideline him for much of the 2022 offseason. Farley wasn't a full-time defensive player yet (he spent much of his rookie offseason and training camp continuing to recover from back surgery), but now the Titans will have to figure out their secondary rotation without him.
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 6
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 5
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 4
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 3
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 2
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Week 1
- Tennessee Titans 2021 NFL Power Rankings Roundup: Post-Draft
More Tennessee Titans pages:
- Tennessee Titans Mock Draft Roundup
- Tennessee Titans Snap Counts
- Tennessee Titans Franchise Leaders
- Tennessee Titans Draft History
- Tennessee Titans Schedule
- Tennessee Titans Tickets
Check out more of our content:
- 2022 NFL Mock Draft
- 2023 NFL Mock Draft
- 2022 NBA Mock Draft
- Fantasy Football Rankings
- Fantasy Football Start'em, Sit'em
- Fantasy Football Waiver Wire
- NFL Power Rankings
Keep track of our site's updates: (1) follow us on Twitter, (2) like us on Facebook and/or (3) subscribe to our newsletter.