Throughout the 2022 NFL season, we will compile a consensus NFL Power Rankings that averages the rankings of all 32 NFL teams.
Below you will find a Week 3 roundup for the Pittsburgh Steelers in our consensus 2022 NFL Power Rankings.
ESPN -- Rank: 18
The Steelers have leaned on a conservative game plan through the first two weeks and aren't stretching the field on offense. Through two games, Mitch Trubisky is averaging 4.85 yards per pass. While his decision-making is far from perfect and his completion percentage is just under 60%, the bigger issue appears to be play design and playcalling. After Sunday's loss to the Patriots, Trubisky was asked how the team could open up the downfield passing game and he put it simply: "Just call concepts to get receivers there. And when the coverage dictates that, get them the ball within that."
NFL.com -- Rank: 23
CBS Sports -- Rank: 18
USA Today -- Rank: 15
The Athletic -- Rank: 22
There was a key play in the third quarter Sunday when Cameron Sutton dropped what should have been an easy interception of Jones on third down. On the next play, Gunner Olszewski muffed a punt to his former team, which the Patriots turned into a touchdown three plays later to take a 17-6 lead. When the offense is as rough as the Steelers', the margin for error on defense and special teams is so small. Maybe this is too instant gratification, but let the kid play.
Yahoo! -- Rank: 23
PFT -- Rank: 15
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Power Rankings Roundup: Week 2
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Power Rankings Roundup: Week 1
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Power Rankings Roundup: Post-Draft
- Pittsburgh Steelers 2022 Power Rankings Roundup: Post-Super Bowl 56
More Pittsburgh Steelers pages:
- Pittsburgh Steelers Mock Draft Roundup
- Pittsburgh Steelers Snap Counts
- Pittsburgh Steelers Franchise Leaders
- Pittsburgh Steelers Draft History
- Pittsburgh Steelers Schedule
- Pittsburgh Steelers Tickets
More of our content: