Throughout the 2020 NFL season, we will compile a consensus NFL Power Rankings that averages the rankings of all 32 NFL teams.
Here is where the Carolina Panthers rank in terms of average, best and worst:
- Average ranking: 29.4 (30th)
- Best ranking: 29th (Multiple)
- Worst ranking: 30th (Multiple)
Below you will find a Week 1 roundup for the Panthers in our consensus 2020 NFL Power Rankings.
The Athletic -- Rank: 29
CBS Sports -- Rank: 30
USA Today -- Rank: 30
ESPN -- Rank: 29
David Newton: Narrowing it down to one big question is hard with a completely overhauled roster and new staff with little NFL experience. But let's go secondary. The defensive front looks solid, but the secondary will have a lot of youth and inexperience. There's a good chance two rookies will start in Jeremy Chinn (big nickel) and Troy Pride Jr. (corner). Strong safety Juston Burris has only nine career starts. The offense has the potential to be potent, so how well this group and defense jells is key.
NFL.com -- Rank: 29
Previous update: Carolina Panthers Post-Draft NFL Power Rankings Roundup
More Carolina Panthers pages:
- Carolina Panthers Mock Draft Roundup
- Carolina Panthers Snap Counts
- Carolina Panthers Franchise Leaders
- Carolina Panthers Draft History
- Carolina Panthers Schedule
- Carolina Panthers Tickets
More of our content: